News on sports, clubs, and events at Oak Ridge High School.

Off the Oak

Off the Oak

Off the Oak

Upcoming Events

Speech and Debate Make It To Nationals

Zachariah+Graham%2C+Greco+Figueroa%2C+Keyla+Imbert-Suarez+and+Clarisse+De+Guzman+
Zachariah Graham, Greco Figueroa, Keyla Imbert-Suarez and Clarisse De Guzman

Speech & Debate has been a transformative program here at Oak Ridge High School, this was their first year formally competing in the National Catholic Forensic League, they are the first Title I school in the state to make it to nationals held in Chicago, Illinois. On the Speech & Debate team, they help students explore their academic curiosity through various topics from philosophical questions like “Humans and Self Interest” to social issues such as Student Loan Debt, social security benefits, Fiscal redistribution and climate change policies. They continue to question the status quo and inspire those who cross their path. Students also have the opportunity of using a platform where they can express themselves through the art of speech, they discuss topics that they are most passionate about in order to enlighten others through spoken word, slam poetry, dramatic interpretation and even humorous interpretations of literary works. The Speech & Debate program has only begun and hopefully will continue to inspire and help students find their voice.