News on sports, clubs, and events at Oak Ridge High School.

Off the Oak

Off the Oak

Off the Oak

Upcoming Events

A Royal Affair

Prom takes on a new twist

Every year seniors look forward to their senior prom which has usually taken place at the Rosen Hotel on International Drive. This year, the new Junior Class sponsor, Mr. Dontrel Richardson, decided to shake things up by holding it at the Castle Hotel with a “Royal Eminence” theme. Throughout the venue, the theme of regal magnificence was invoked; the design was influenced by the popular Netflix show: Bridgerton. Encouraging students to “dress the part” and partake in the theme, Richardson provided a horse and carriage at the entrance to the sophisticated ballroom for students to take pictures and take it for a ride. The open layout of the venue made it possible for the students to enjoy various aspects this event had to offer, such as the drink station, 360 photo booth, caricature, several lounge spaces, photo opportunities, and a variety of food that was both set up and distributed “cocktail” style. This sophisticated scenery gave our Pioneers a royal night they will never forget. Sometimes change can be great.