News on sports, clubs, and events at Oak Ridge High School.

Off the Oak

Off the Oak

Off the Oak

Upcoming Events

3DE Stole Ceremony

Exciting news for graduates!
OCPS Deputy Superintendent Michael Armbruster, Milly Huynh and Greco Figueroa

Oak Ridge High School’s 3DE program, which focuses on entrepreneurship, celebrated their seniors with a Stole Ceremony. In recent years, the school district has been working towards making graduation consistent throughout the district with regards to stoles and cords. They limited stoles to only honor societies and cords for clubs. However, 3DE wanted to recognize their seniors by providing a stole they could wear “after” graduation for pictures. To the surprise of all attendees, the Deputy Superintendent Michael Armbruster (pictured below with Milly Huynh and Greco Figueroa) announced that seniors could in fact, wear their stoles during graduation. The crowd cheered with excitement as many know the hard work these students accomplished over the course of their high school career, some even teared up with joy. In addition, awards were given to recognize students accomplishments by Mrs. Renee Wilkinson and stoles were distributed by Assistant Principal Nora Pachnik and 3DE’s Maxi Harmon. Dinner was indicative of the culture of Oak Ridge with foods from Asia and the Caribbean and music was donated by our very own Mr. Boles. Overall, the night will be remembered as seniors prepare for the ultimate recognition-graduation and this time they will be showing off their stoles!